Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Divine Chill of a Frosty Spring

Welcome to April!

Grab your snow hats and mittens, heavy overcoats and long underwears.  This April, we take snowmen to Spring Break.  With Summer in sight, let Spring be nothing like it.  Spring shall mean a chill to the spine and a chafe to the face.  Animals all gather together to breed, as nature compels them, beneath woolen blankets and layers and layers of warmth.  In the conscious escape of a deadly frost, snuggling make babies, not romping through green grass and sunshine.

Welcome to April!

Where Jack Frost lives in the spare room refusing to leave.  Snow elves sing their snow elf songs as the rest of us yearn for Jimmy Buffett.  My brain screams for barbecue, watermelon, and a glass of lemonade, but my body will only take soup.  Yesterday I saw the sun, but felt no warmth.  Who is doing this to me!  

Welcome to April!

Let May be not such a cruel mistress else I shall sell my calendar and shun the weathermen.  Or maybe move to France.

No comments:

Post a Comment